Saturday, December 27, 2008

My name is Mallory and I am a fiber-holic.

Admitting the problem is the first step!!

The next step is to show off what I bought :D I bought these a little while ago, but finally got a Saturday with good light, so I could get good pictures. (Today was a huge picture-taking and internet-updating day.)

Blue Moon Fiber Arts had a 15% off de-stashing sale and I just had to take advantage of that, since I had never bought from them before. I got Icelandic in Basan. It's quite soft, but my yarn smells a bit like vinegar... The colors I got were brighter than those on the website, which I was quite happy with!



I also bought 2 skeins of Twisted in Tigers Eye. It's really pretty!! (I love tigers!)



You remember when I gushed over some yarn from Dragonfly Fiber Design in an earlier post? Well, I bought some. Woo! Here's the merino lace in Auburn. Pretty browns and purples blending together :)



And here's 3 skeins of soy lace yarn in the Tea Rose colorway. Pale yellow with a little bit of shine.



I also got a holiday present from my brother (i.e., I picked it out and my brother gave me his credit card number so I could order it). It was banana silk yarn from an Ebay store that sells natural yarns from Asia, including recycled sari silk and wool/silk blends. The yarn itself is quite cheap, but the shipping is high, so I would recommend buying multiple items. Be nice and they'll give a great shipping discount (I got 4 skeins shipped for the shipping cost of a single skein).



Ok, now I won't buy any more yarn.

3 comments:

JuliaA said...

hi mallory--you commented on my blog and i just thought i'd let you know that my earrings are available with stainless steel hooks, and i'm getting some goldplate components in the mail soon too!

:)

(omg the dragonfly fiber yarn...so gorgeous. i just got some incredible sock yarn for xmas and now i have to overcome my fear of skinny yarn!)

Lupie said...

Ok so I am now high on yarn! So would that make you a yarn pusher!
I wish you and your family a happy and most of all healthy New Year and lots of yarn!

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, what an incredible array of color-I am partial to several of them (golden colored and the tea rose one for starters!)
Thanks for visiting my blog!