But, I finally finished the hat for my friend and here it is:
Pattern: Ribbed Beanie by Woolly Wormhead (free)
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Super Saver Solids - I can't remember with exact color name, but it's a bright orange.
Needles: US 8, bamboo circulars
Made For: Britt
- CO 80 sts with yarn doubled.
- Worked in 5x3 rib for 7 inches.
- Started decrease rows as listed in instructions, except used p2tog instead of k2tog for the first 2 decrease rows.
- Decreased until 10 sts left. Because I’m lazy. And tired.
US 8 needles are kind of small for 2 strands of worsted weight, but I wanted a thick fabric so that it would be more durable and denser for warmth.
I got to start the Jayne hat a couple days ago, and looking through all of the different patterns, I didn't really find one that I really wanted to use. A lot of them call for bulky weight wool, which I don't have... Haha, I only have Red Heart acrylic in the right colors. So, I'm just making it up as I go along. I haven't finished it, but will post pictures and write out what I did when it's done.
I also made a little progress on the Quant headband:
You know, a little progress ;) It's turning out kind of cool... I think the color changes in my yarn aren't gradual enough to look as nice as the one the designer (Star Athena) made, but it's still fun.