I finished the second Scrunchable Scarf that I started on my East Coast trip.
Pattern: Scrunchable Scarf by Susan McConne (free)
Yarn: Lionbrand Homespun in Lagoon
Needles: US 10, bamboo
Size: CO 17 sts. I used up the entire skein so it ended up being 7 ft. 5 in. long.
Made For: the gift stash
I used to hate working with Lionbrand Homespun, especially since it has terrible stitch definition, but I really like how it looks in this pattern. And, I have to admit that the yarn is very soft and this scarf is so squishy! I've heard rumors that it pills and sheds, but I haven't seen it yet. Then again, I haven't really handled this scarf very much.
And finally, I present to you the Jayne Hat!! Woo!!
Pattern: Jayne Cobb Hat by Dryope (free)
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Super Saver Solids in Cherry Red, Bright Yellow, and a bright orange (I can't remember the exact name)
Needles: US 8 bamboo circulars (16 in.), US 8 plastic
Made For: my shiny self :)
- Work with yarn doubled
- CO 80 sts in the round in orange.
- K1P1 rib for 3 rows.
- K for 2.5 in.
- K for 3 in. in yellow
- Decreased 10 sts each row (every 8, 7, etc... sts) for several rows (I don't remember the exact number.)
- K2tog until ~10 sts left.
- Picked up 22 sts for earflaps.
- Stockinette for 4-5 rows.
- Decreased 2 sts on each side every 4 rows.
- Made a sad little pom pom out of too little yarn and accidentally layered the colors because I wasn't thinking ahead. Boo. (Lesson Learned - thread all yarn colors into the pom-pom-maker-discs at the same time, not one at a time!)
That picture was taken at work today, which is where I finished it a few hours ago during some down time. I don't usually bring my knitting to work, because I don't think it's appropriate where I work, but I thought it'd be ok since it's Sunday and no one else is here :)